Windows 10 is a personal computer operating system developed and released by Microsoft. It is the successor to Windows 8.1 and was released to the public on July 29, 2015.
Some of the key features of Windows 10 include:
- A redesigned Start menu: The Start menu in Windows 10 combines the traditional Start menu with the live tiles from Windows 8.1, providing quick access to both apps and important system functions.
- Virtual desktops: Windows 10 introduces the ability to create virtual desktops, allowing users to have multiple workspaces and more easily organize their apps and windows.
- Cortana: Cortana is a personal assistant feature in Windows 10 that can answer questions, perform tasks, and provide helpful suggestions using voice commands or text input.
- Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge is the default web browser in Windows 10 and includes features such as annotation tools, a reading mode, and a Cortana integration.
- Continuum: Continuum is a feature in Windows 10 that allows devices to automatically switch between tablet and desktop mode depending on how they are being used.
- Windows Hello: Windows Hello is a biometric authentication feature in Windows 10 that allows users to log in to their device using facial recognition or fingerprint scanning.
- Xbox app: The Xbox app in Windows 10 allows users to connect to their Xbox Live account, access their game library, and play games on their PC.
- Windows Update: Windows Update is a feature in Windows 10 that helps keep the operating system up to date with the latest security patches and feature updates.
Windows 10 is available in several editions, including Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Education, and Windows 10 Enterprise. Each edition has different features and is intended for different types of users.